Access to library e-resources including databases, ebooks and ejournals will be at risk between 8am and 9am on Tuesday 2nd September, due to essential maintenance. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Posts for the ‘IT’ Category
Due to essential planned maintenance, the library catalogue at http://library.rgu.ac.uk will be ‘at risk’ for 10 minutes from 08:00am Thursday 10th April. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Due to essential planned maintenance, access to all online Library resources will be unavailable from 7:30am to 8:00am on Tuesday, 8 April 2014, with a further at-risk period from 8:00am to 9:00am on Tuesday, 8 April 2014, including:
- Library Catalogue
- Access to online e-books, e-journals, library databases
- ‘Find It @ RGU’
- Inter-library loans
- BookMyne mobile app
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
There is currently an issue with accessing the OnePetro database.
When you follow the link from the database list to OnePetro and enter your RGU username and password you may be taken to one of these screens:
This should give you access to the resource but if you have any further access problems please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The library and IT services are looking in to this problem and we apologise for any inconvenience this might cause.
We are currently experiencing a number of problems accessing Knovel eBooks.
We are sorry for the inconvenience and problems this is causing; we have reported this to the company and will keep you updated as this is investigated.
In the meantime, depending on which error message you are seeing, here are some actions that might help give you access:
1) If you get a screen with a broken layout, misplaced links, crosses instead of images, and so on please either refresh the page in Firefox or switch on the compatability option in Internet Explorer.
2) If you get stuck at this screen rather than being skipped past it:
Then please log in using the following instructions: Click UK Fed, search for and select Robert Gordon University, and enter your RGU username and password when prompted.
3) If you are taken to the home page of Knovel rather than the eBook page then please search for the title and choose it from the list of results.
4) If you are take to a grey screen with an error message please try shutting down and starting again, this has given some people access.
Again we are very sorry for all the problems and please let us know at email@example.com if none of these solutions provides you access to the eBook while these problems are being investigated.
We would like to inform our users that the ‘Find It @ RGU’ and ‘MetaLib+’ services should be considered ‘at risk’ between 8am and 9am on Thursday 17th October. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience.